Monday, May 24, 2010

Fret 'n' Fever
Woke up a tiny bit earlier than usual yesterday being a Sunday. Sunday sedates you. I had to cut short my long drawn-out-tossing-in-bed hating the morning rituals which forced me to wake up.I chanced to pull out an old paper of TOI(Times of India). The newspaper which I chew into pieces everyday had not arrived yet, so I had to take an old paper. A boring 15-20pages scream out " Happy Women's Day". You will only find every other thing more ridiculous than the first one. But I read on. All the references to Women being the goddesses, epitomes of patience, tolerance were far far-fetched and out-of context. Being a totaly impatient fellow, I exclaimed " What wonderful pieces of shit?" Noone can be patient if something infuriates you - not even a woman. I began to wonder of the editors of The Times of India have never been introduced to words like irrelevant.

Emancipation of Women, Empowerment of Women. Celebration of Womanhood- you will find nothing but commercial glib and garbage. The paper left me with a kind of morning sickness that the pregnant women often complain of. The shows on T.V are also an opinion dump and cliched talks just defeating the concept of equality.


I opine that the gibberish about women's day by the more urbane porcelain dolls isn't loud enough to the rural folk.

To the newpapers and media: Stop ranting now and allow woman to love being a woman and like relevant men in their lives. Just let them sue the label "The weeker Sex'" and use the label " The Fairer Sex"

4 comments:

Samson Tennela said...

I am glad to see one more post after a very long gap. And your signature is there in this. :)

btw why dont u guys send me copies of friday expresses which I missed and also from next time onwards, y dont u guys keep samsonvk@yahoo.com in BCC (only if there is no objection)? I am really missin ur writings Sandy.:(

sandhya said...

Hey Sam...I know you would comment. Thanks again.

I will make sure that it is bccd to you everytime. Will make it a point. and it has been long time, I haven't seen any post from you.

Samson Tennela said...

there are lot of things I have to write in 'my language'. But...all the topics which i feel like writin involve some criticism and that might hurt others. so, waiting for neutral topic to come from mind.

Pudi said...

TOI is a toilet paper ... that is where it belongs